To find out more, call the Case management Department: (845) 647-6400 ext. 291, 315, 341.
Let us get you back in the swing of things
Ellenville Regional Hospital Swing Bed Unit helps you regain your strength and independence. When you’re discharged from the hospital, you may not be ready to go straight home. Ellenville Regional Hospital Swing Bed Program is specially designed to give you the care and time you need to rebuild your strength and physical skills.
Skilled nursing care and rehabilitation
Healing from major surgery, like joint repair or replacement, an injury or an illness sometimes requires additional skilled nursing and rehabilitation to ensure that you recover completely. Whether you were treated at Ellenville Hospital or another hospital, our Swing Bed Program will get you feeling better, stronger, and ready to resume your life.
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
- Case Management
- Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Activities Therapy
What you can expect
The purpose of the Swing Bed Program is to get you ready to make the transition to home. While you may need skilled nursing assistance, you’ll also be building up your strength and movement ability. The program is varied, interesting, and challenging. You’ll meet with our NYS Licensed Physical Therapists to evaluate your condition and help you set achievable goals.
A healing environment
Our Swing Bed Unit offers comfortable private rooms, nourishing and inviting meals, and a full and active schedule with expert support to help you regain mobility, agility, functional life skills, motor skills, and more.
Skilled Swing Bed care is often covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and many private insurance carriers. For further details on the Swing Bed Program please contact: Cathy Brooks, RN, 845-647-6400 ext. 291
What we expect from you
You’ll be encouraged to participate in daily physical therapy, in self-care activities, and in our recreational program. All play a part in your recovery.
Bathing, Dressing and Breakfast – All patients must be dressed in day clothes and ready for therapy.
Physical Therapy and Activities – You will have one private therapy session and one group session per day.
Lunch in the Day Room – Our food is good and you can work with our Registered Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator, Dawn Scribner, to get a handle on your diet.
Group Physical Therapy
Dinner – We pride ourselves on offering tasty and appetizing food. If you want something that’s not on the menu, just ask, and we can probably suit your taste!
Free time, visiting hours.
What makes our Swing Bed Program different?
- Private rooms with free cable TV, telephone, and free internet access
- Case Management to aid in locating resources and prepare for discharge
- Patient focused, congenial, and supportive Nursing and Rehab team
- Movies, music, beauty salon treatments, “Mocktail hour,” games, Swing Bed Scrapbook and crafts
- Practical activities, functional needs, speech and motor skills
- Radiology, Lab, Pharmacy, and other services available on site
- Individualized care plan achieved through teamwork
- Respiratory therapy for COPD and late stage heart disease
- GI feeding and Enteral Nutrition to build strength after stroke, cancer or failure to thrive
- Positive experience that patients enjoy and appreciate.