Every patient is important, and your comfort is our concern
Patient Care Planning, or Case Management, as it is sometimes known, is all about you. We coordinate your admission, your discharge plan, and your treatment, whether as an inpatient, as an outpatient, or in the Emergency Department.
Planning your treatment and discharge
Your Planner will:
- Personally interview you on arrival
- Keep in contact with you throughout your treatment to give you and your family the information you will need to participate in your health care decisions
- Assess and coordinate your post-discharge needs
- Make sure Rehab and Swing Bed patients have good continuity of care
- Work with you, your family and your insurance provider to facilitate a smooth transition of care after discharge.
- Arrange for post-discharge special visiting nurse care, supplies, equipment and transportation
- Help you use the Language Line to facilitate communications with families and to share medical knowledge with your family
ERH believes in continuity of care
We want our patient population to get healthy while they are here, and get healthier when they are home. You become part of the ERH family and we are proud of our role in helping you make the best decisions.