Steven L. Kelley, FACHE
President and CEO
Steven L. Kelley, FACHE, has been the President and CEO of Ellenville Regional Hospital since September 2003. He has a diverse background in the computer, research, and healthcare industries.
- Ellenville Regional Hospital achieving Critical Access Hospital status
- Constructing a new Emergency Department and a new Physical Therapy Center
- Upgrading to all-digital Radiology and Cardiology Departments, and constructing a new Laboratory
- Implementing a Swing Bed/Transitional Care Unit
- In June 2012, the Hospital successfully implemented an electronic health record house-wide and was able to attest to Stage I of Meaningful Use at the end of September 2012.
Under Mr. Kelley’s leadership, ERH has been recognized with 4 national awards from HRSA for patient safety and medication safety, has been recognized by the National Rural Health Association as one of the top 20 Critical Access Hospitals in the country for Quality, and has been a leader in New York State in the areas of quality measurement and rural health. Many other significant awards have followed.
Mr. Kelley holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and an MBA in Health Systems Management. He is a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives, which denotes national Board Certification in Healthcare Management.
Community service appointments include
- Treasurer of The Institute for Family Health Board of Directors
- Member and past Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer of the Suburban Hospital Alliance of New York State/Northern Metropolitan Hospital Association (NorMet)
- Member of the Rondout Valley Business Association Board
- President and past Vice President and Treasurer of Catskill-Hudson Area Health Education Center (CHAHEC)
- Member, NYS Rural Health Council
- Member, WMCHealth PPS Executive Committee
- Past Chairman of the Board of Gateway Community Industries
- Past Chairman of the Ulster County Board of Health
- Past Chairman of the Dutchess-Ulster Chapter of the American Heart Association