Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Ashima Butler has served as the Vice President and Chief Operating Officer at Ellenville Regional Hospital since December 2017. She joined the Senior Leadership team of Ellenville Regional Hospital in 2006, contributing her broad experience in data, quality, research and program development. She previously worked at a private, not for profit school as the Administrative Director developing programs to increase enrollment and availability of services. She then moved to a large Acute Care Hospital and gained significant experience in medical staff and quality management.
- In her tenure, ERH has been recognized with 4 national awards from HRSA for patient and medication safety, 3 national awards from Amerinet, and has won two State and two Regional Awards in quality.
- Ms. Butler has been a speaker at various Regional, State and National conferences on a variety of topics from Medical Staff, Quality, Patient Safety and Rural Health
Ms. Butler completed her Master’s in School Psychology from Capella University and a Bachelor’s in Business Administration with Psychology and Education Minors.
Community and Professional Service
- Hospital Association of New York State (HANYS) Quality Steering Committee Member
- New York Association of Healthcare Quality, Executive Board Member
- New York State Rural Health Association, Treasurer (Board Member)
- Northern Metropolitan Patient Safety Institute, Board Member
- NYSDOH Critical Access Performance Improvement Network Advisory Council