Healthy Holiday Eating Recipe #3: Individual Pineapple Cheesecake
For week #1, we featured a soup recipe. For week #2, an entrée. It’s now time for a dessert recipe! Here’s one that is EASY, HEALTHY (relatively speaking) and DELICIOUS!
Remember those recipes on the box of Nilla Wafers? Here is a favorite (with just a few modifications to keep the calories, saturated fat and carb count in check!):
INDIVIDUAL PINEAPPLE CHEESECAKE
YIELD: 12 servings SERVING SIZE: 1 mini cheesecake
- 12 vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 packages (8 oz each) LIGHT cream cheese (neufchatel cheese), softened*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 oz each) crushed pineapple, drained
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 12 regular-size muffin cups with paper liners. Place 1 vanilla wafer cookie in bottom of each cup.
- In large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended (make sure the cream cheese and sugar are completely blended, free of lumps and smooth, before adding any other ingredients). Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed for another minute or 2, or until mixture is light and fluffy. Spoon evenly into muffin cups (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from muffin cups to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, top each cheesecake with a heaping tablespoon of completely drained crushed pineapple.
*To soften light cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese), place unwrapped package of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds or just until softened. Add 15 seconds for each additional package of cream cheese (for 2 packages, total microwave time would be about 25 seconds, or just until softened).